The Del Lords "Elvis Club" release
GB Music is proud to announce the pre-sale of the long awaited new disc from The Del-Lords, entitled Elvis Club. You can simply order the disc or a buy a package with some rare and limited Edition add ons.
Postage is $6 US and $10 Worldwide.
Please make a paypal payment to firstname.lastname@example.org or e mail any questions.
A. $15 pre-order Elvis club
- B. $25 pre-order signed Elvis Club CD
- C. $50 Elvis Club CD & 2 cd set of rare demos called Songs For Jerry and an Elvis Club Poster, all signed)
- D. $150: Signed copies of Based on A True Story, Lover's Who Wander, the new Elvis Club, 2 cd set of demos called Songs For Jerry, and an Elvis Club poster, all signed
- E. $250: all of the above plus have Scott write out lyrics from your favorite Del Lords song & a spot on the guest list at any Del Lords headlining show.
John Fannon at Rockwood Music Hall
John Fannon will be making his debut appearance in New York City at Rockwood Music Hall
on Saturday May 19th at 7pm. The show will feature a mix of New England classics as well as some new songs.
Hirsh Gardner will also be on hand to join in on a few songs.
Hope to see you there. For further info please visit
GB Music is proud to announce the release of three new
Elliott Murphy titles:
- The most recent studio album, simply titled "Elliott Murphy".
- A brand new full band live album recorded in New York last December titled "Just A Story From New York".
- A remastered reissue of the rare and out of print "Apres le Deluge".
- All three cds are in digipacks.
Visit the Store page for ordering details
From The Philadelphia Inquirer
(GB Music ***1/2)
This album sank pretty quickly when originally released in 1992, one of many disappointments in the tough-luck career of Scott Kempner. Now, hallelujah, it's back and remastered, and sounding better than ever.
Tenement Angels was Kempner's first solo record after the demise of the Del-Lords, the underappreciated rock quartet he led through the '80s (after being a charter member of another ahead-of-its-time group, proto-punks the Dictators). This time he was fronting bar-band extraordinaire the Skeletons, the perfect vehicle for his tuneful rock with its traces of everything from country to Memphis soul to '60s pop.
To borrow liberally from what we wrote in '92: As with the Del-Lords, several of Kempner's songs were inspired by his just-getting-by life in his native New York. One, the standout ballad "Lonesome Train," shares its title with the old rockabilly tune, but the train in question here is a subway car, which the singer rides to the now-devastated Bronx of his youth. The ruins he sees mirror his own sense of loss over the end of a romance.
The album is not always so somber. With numbers such as "You Move Me" and "I Wanna Be Yours," much of it glories in the simple pleasures of muscular rhythms, catchy choruses, and vibrant harmonies.
Amid flashes of get-tough New York pragmatism, Kempner still comes through as an unrepentant rock-and-roll romantic, and Tenement Angels bristles with the fervor of one who truly believes in the liberating power of the music. Don't miss it this time.
- Nick Cristiano
GB Music is proud to announce the release of Scott Kempner's Tenement Angels on CD & LP.
Scott is a co-founder of two of the most legendary bands to emerge from New York City, The Dictators and The Del-Lords. The Vinyl is limited to 500 copies and each album comes with a free digital download and a hand signed poster. The CD & Vinyl are available on amazon.com, cdbaby.com and in fine music stores everywhere.